ZERO DARK THIRTY

Ok, so I saw ZERO DARK THIRTY last night. I've got to say that I was really disappointed. This movie suffers from what I like to call "too much of nothing going on." The story centers on Jessica Chastain who plays a CIA agent and everything that her office did in order to catch Osama Bin Lauden... and when I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING! The movie is nearly 3 hours long and over 2 hours of that was seemingly nothing but convoluted ultimately worthless plot points. To its credit, it does try to bring up some important issues about torture that definitely should be talked about, and there's a really cool night ops mission at the end but that all gets drowned out by how long the movie is. I mean, there is literally nothing that happens in the movie that is of any real significance to the story until the last 35-40 minutes. This movie had a great deal of potential but it commits the sin of forgetting to be entertaining or having any real tension or emotion to speak of. Its watching this movie that makes me have more respect for movies like Argo. All and all, Zero Dark Thirty is a snoozefest of a movie that is more concerned with its facts and numbers than it is with its own audience and earns a 2...out of 5.

Comments

Popular Posts