JACK THE GIANT SLAYER

Ok, so I saw JACK THE GIANT SLAYER last night. I've gotta say that I really enjoyed it. This movie is a take on the age gold tale of Jack and the beanstalk which on its surface is kinda flimsy but I must admit, Hollywoodland did a decent job of fleshing it out. Its got decent acting and an good direction and its not afraid to be violent when it comes to bone grinding. The movie's main strength comes from its story. Its sharp, fresh and takes chances where a lot of other movies would typically rest on their laurels. Some of the character's interactions and their respective dialogue do seem a little underwritten and some may not be able to get past the "just ok" CGI but at the same time, nobody's bucking for an Academy Award here(It's still first quarter after all). All in all I enjoyed myself and I would consider Jack the Giant Slayer a decent Sunday afternoon flick. It gets a 3... out of 5.

Comments

Popular Posts