THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN 2

I saw THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2! I have to say that I'm really becoming a big fan of this iteration of the wall crawler. Director Marc Webb and actor Andrew Garfield have really worked well to create perhaps the most believable version of Peter Parker to date, portraying him as the super smart, big mouthed, lower-middle class, New York City kid that Tobey Maguire never was. This movie has a whole lot going for it. Its got stellar performances by Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and especially Sally Field, who gives probably the best portrayal of Aunt May ever and that includes comic books! It's smart, its dramatic, action packed and at the same time it never forgets it's core message of responsibility, truth and consequences. There is a downside to the film as it pertains to villains though, as I found their motivations to be half baked and shoehorned in. The chief offender being Jamie Foxx who's portrayal of Electro is just cringe-worthy. In spite of that, I have to say that I really liked this movie a lot more than I thought I was going to and it ultimately became quite a fun time at the movies. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 gets a 3.5...out of 5.

Comments

Popular Posts