LES MISÉRABLES

Saw LES MISÉRABLES last night. I have to say, I think I've seen this year's best picture! Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway are up for academy awards as a result of this movie and within the first 20 minutes you know why! Their performances are electrifying! EVERYBODY brings their A-game in this! If you're not a musical fan I would say you might want to give this one a try because this is not your average musical. It's fresh, spirited and brimming with emotion. This is as close to live Broadway as it can be for less than $500 and in my opinion it's better because there's not a bad seat in the house. Overall it's a rare event piece that's 100% musical and 100% movie at the same time which should be seen. You'll be mad at yourself if you skip seeing this in the theater. If I could give it higher rating I would but as it stands Les Misérables is going to have to settle for a 5...out of 5.

Comments

Popular Posts