THE INTERNSHIP

I saw THE INTERNSHIP yesterday. The movie marks a return of one of the great comedy pairings of our age in Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson and let me say, its about time! This go round they play best friends looking to start a new career with Google despite knowing almost nothing about computers and I have to say that though I was on the fence at first I ended up really liking this movie. Vaughn and Wilson were just as funny as they were back in 2005 and though they are a little greyer since then their timing is still spot on. The film boasts quite a few new stars like Tiya Sicar, Josh Brener, Aasif Mandvi and Rose Byrne all of which do a good job but in all honesty, its Vaughn and Wilson that carry this film. They do such a good job that it made me forget the fact that the script was predictable and some of the cameos you'd expect from a film like this fell flat. At the end of the day some people you meet may look at this and say, "it was no wedding crashers" and it isn't but c'mon Google can't release a sex comedy, are you crazy?! All in all, I had fun with it, it made me laugh quite a few times and really, I just had fun watching Vaughn and Wilson be Vaughn and Wilson again. The Internship gets a respectable 3.5... out of 5

Comments

Popular Posts