WORLD WAR Z

I saw WORLD WAR Z yesterday. Everybody's been wondering if the new PG-13 movie inspired by the best selling book by Max Brooks is any good and I have to say yes, there is a lot of good in this movie. On the plus side, this is definitely THE smartest zombie movie I've ever seen. The Z rules are established quickly, the pace is breakneck, and a lot of the characters' logic is razor sharp. Max Brooks' book is well represented here and every time there's an "Well I would have-" or a "Why don't they just-" moment, you invariably end up saying "Oh...well played." Unfortunately with as much time as they spend working on the mechanics of the film, they really should have spent more time on things like dialogue and script writing. I seriously can't really remember any one line of dialogue from the film nor did I connect on an emotional level with any one character which is essential to any good zombie movie. Also, the ending was probably one of the most anticlimactic ends of a film I've ever seen. The whole theater left with a general, "that was it?...Ok..." feeling which. I don't have to tell you, brought the movie down a notch. All in all, Its a good flick but just barely, World War Z gets a 3...out of 5.

Comments

Popular Posts