FURY


I saw FURY yesterday! For me, there are only 3 perfect war movies. Only 3 that really raised the hair on the back of my neck and made everything feel as real and terrifying as I think a real war situation would be. Those movies are Platoon, Saving Pvt. Ryan and Full Metal Jacket. After seeing Fury, I have to add one to the list. This movie tells the story of men who operate a Sherman tank codenamed Fury during the Allies final push into the heart of Nazi Germany. The crew is forced to take on a new crew member when their assistant driver is killed and they're saddled with an inexperienced typist as a replacement during the most dangerous push of their tour.

There is so much about this film that I absolutely love that if I were to go into it, I'd be here for over an hour. The filming is spectacular and really has that genuine film look that only movies like Apocalypse Now and Platoon seem to have. The casting is PERFECT and includes Shia LaBeouf, Michael Pena, Jon Bernthal of Walking Dead fame, Logan Lerman and Brad Pitt as the men of tank Fury and a beavy of other actors that truly look like men of war not Hollywood actors. The characters are all well defined, diverse and sympathetic and watching them you really get both a sense of camaraderie and strong dose of battle fatigue just watching the men run the tank and it's just so genuine that you almost feel as if you need a shower afterwards as you feel the grime and the filth of war all around you. The only thing I think is missing from this film is just a little bit more story to back up the EVERYTHING ELSE that this movie does beautifully. Ideals are peaceful, history is violent and Fury is a MUST SEE! Fury gets a 4.5...out of 5

Comments

Popular Posts